AustStab Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
AustStab wishes to advise of the following actions being taken as a consequence of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the associated restrictions on movement and gatherings being implemented across Australia.
Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference
This year’s Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference, which was scheduled to take place on 29th July 2020, has been cancelled. Cancellation of the 2020 conference means that other associated activities will also be cancelled, including the golf competition and informal dinner scheduled for Tuesday 28th July and the AustStab Gala Dinner and Awards Night scheduled for Wednesday 29th July. This means that no AustStab Awards of Excellence will be awarded for 2020 and consequently Award nominations are now closed, as is the conference Call for Papers. AustStab thanks those who have submitted conference abstracts and awards nominations and will be in touch to discuss the possibility of their resubmission in 2021.
AustStab Annual General Meeting
The AustStab Annual General Meeting, which was scheduled to take place on the 30th July 2020, will be postponed until an appropriate later date can be identified.
Please refer to our news release for full details
AustStab invites you to join the Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference, to be held at the Novotel Brighton Beach, Sydney on Wednesday 29th July 2020.
The one-day conference will be held in conjunction with other activities over three days from Tuesday 28th to Thursday 30th July 2020. The full program is outlined below – register your interest in attending any or all of the events here.
Tuesday 28th July 2020
– 12:00pm: Golf (9 hole Ambrose Competition) – Beverley Park Golf Club
– 3:00pm: Golf Putting Competition – Beverley Park Golf Club
– 7:00pm: Informal Dinner – Novotel Brighton Beach – Pavilion area
Wednesday 29th July 2020
– 8:30am: Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference – Novotel Brighton Beach La Perouse rooms
– 7:00pm: AustStab Gala Dinner and Awards Night – Novotel Brighton Beach La Perouse rooms
Thursday 30th July 2020
– 10:00am: AustStab Annual General Meeting – Novotel Brighton Beach La Perouse rooms
Accommodation is to be booked directly with the Novotel Brighton Beach. All accounts for accommodation must be settled directly with the venue (see details on the registration form).
Call for Papers
Submissions are invited for presentations at the Australian Pavement Recycling and Stabilisation Conference. Presentations (20 minutes duration) may cover any aspect of pavement stabilisation consistent with the general conference theme of Pavement Recycling for Sustainable Roads and cover one of the following topics:
- Research Outcomes
- Stabilisation for Local Government
- Construction Excellence
- Sustainability and Resilience
Submissions detailing the following information must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Thursday 30th April 2020:
– Presentation title
– General topic (Research Outcomes, Stabilisation for Local Government, Construction Excellence, or Sustainability and Resilience)
– Presenter name and contact details (email and mobile phone number)
– Abstract of 300 words maximum
AustStab will assess all submissions and advise applicants of acceptance by Friday 29th May 2020.
Presenters must consent to the publication of their presentation in PDF form on the AustStab website following the conference.
AustStab Awards of Excellence
The AustStab Awards of Excellence celebrate leading practice and innovation in pavement recycling and stabilisation as well as the emergence of new talent in the industry and are issued annually at the AustStab Gala Dinner and Awards Night, which this year will be held on Wednesday 29th July at the Novotel Brighton Beach, Sydney NSW.
Award categories are:
– Work Health and Safety
– Industry Excellence in Consulting, Research or Education
– Excellence in Sustainability
– Excellence in Recycling and Stabilising Pavements in Local Government
– Young Stabiliser of the Year
How to Enter
Nomination for an AustStab Award of Excellence is a two-stage process, following the steps outlined here.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities
There are limited sponsorship and exhibition opportunities available for interested parties. Please contact AustStab at email@example.com for further details.